Creamy Chicken Pesto with Bow-tie Pasta
I have seen commercial after commercial for this cooking creme. I decided to give it a whirl. I did not love the original recipe that is on the tub itself, I just tweaked it a little for my "picky" eater in the family. (That's me).
What you need:
- 1 or 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 1 cup broccoli, STEAMED ( I steam mine in the microwave while the noodles are cooking)
- 1/4 cup red pepper strips (about half of a red bell pepper)
- 1 (10 oz) tub of Philadelphia Creamy Pesto cooking creme
- Hot, cooked bow-tie pasta (I used about half of the box perhaps 2 cups dry)
- Some shredded mozzarella cheese as topping
- 2 TBS milk
What you do:
- Cook and stir chicken in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat for 7 minutes, or until done.
- Add the steamed broccoli and red pepper. (Make sure noodles are cooking by now)
- Let the broccoli and peppers cook for about 3 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Turn down the heat to medium-low and add cooking creme. Stir for about 2 minutes
- Add the 2 TBS milk. You don't really have to do this step, but I do because I like a little thinner sauce rather than a thick creme sauce.
- Stir in pasta and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- SO YUMMY!!!