I just created this recipe based on what I had on hand. I thought it was O.K, but Kyle has been raving about it for days!
What you need:
- 1 Jar Alfredo Sauce (I used Bartilla regular, not garlic or anything, but you can if you want)
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded (we just boil ours, and shred it)
- Cooked Penne Pasta (I used about 1/2 the box, but however much you want)
- 1 Can of pineapple tidbits, drained (the smaller half/size can, or just half of the larger can)
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded (I buy it pre-shredded)
- 2 shakes of garlic salt (optional)
What you will do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, combine the jar of Alfredo sauce, cooked chicken, pineapple tidbits, and 1/2 cup of cheese, and then add the cooked Penne Pasta. (I use whole wheat pasta, not because I am healthy, I actually LOVE the texture).
3. Stir until combined.
4. In a 9x9 casserole dish, or 9x13 if you are making a big batch.... pour your mixture into the dish.
5. Sprinkle the remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan on top.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for about 25-30 minutes, until center is warm and looks bubbly.
7. Crank up the oven to broil for 1-2 minutes to make the cheese on top golden brown.