Asian Chicken Salad
inspired by Mel's Kitchen CafeThis salad is YUMMY! After we were done eating dinner, my husband said... "I would order this in a restaurant!"
This is a nice salad that is a break from the basic green salad. This picture does not do the salad justice. :)
What you need:
For the Homemade Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing
- 3/4 cups vegetable/canola oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 oriental Ramen Noodles Seasoning Packet (you will use the dry noodles for the salad)
- 1 package (3 ounce) oriental-flavor Ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup pre-sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 3/4 cup red wine vinaigrette (Recipe Below, ingredients above)
- 1/2 package (16 oz) broccoli slaw mix (found in the produce asile)
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, washed and chopped
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts COOKED and SHREDDED (I boil it and shred it)
- 3 green onions, chopped, both the white and green parts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange almonds and broken pieces of ramen noodles on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes until golden brown on top.
2. Meanwhile, prepare red wine vinaigrette dressing. By WHISKING the ingredients above together, 1 at a time, in the order provided. Set dressing aside.
3. In a Large Bowl, Place the slaw mix (1/2 the bag only), the chopped red leaf lettuce, chicken, cashews, and green onions. Toss to combine.
4. Next, Just before serving, pour the homemade salad dressing over the salad and toss to caot. Scatter the almonds and noodles on top and serve.