Huevos Rancheros Salad
I found this recipe in the Rachel Ray Magazine for October 2010.
The picture looked simply amazing.
I made a few adjustments to accompany my picky palate, but the results were delicious!!
What you need:
1/2 cup green salsa or tomatillo salsa (I used green salsa)
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
one can black beans, drained
4 cups tortilla chips
4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese (i just bought a small block and used about half of it)
some lettuce, enough for how ever many salads you are making (I used romaine lettuce)
1 avocado (optional)
What you do:
1. Preheat your oven broier. Line a baking sheet with parchment if you want to. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of the salsa and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl, mash half of the black beans with the remaining salsa.
3. Arrange the tortilla chips on the pan and top with the mashed beans and cheese.
4. In a bowl, toss the lettuce and remaining balck beans with the salsa.
5. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, fry the eggs in the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Place an egg on top of each salad. (I scrambled my eggs because I do not like runny yolk, but I scrambled them with a little oil, and they were delicious!!)
Now, make your salads. Top with avocado if you want.
This was sooo good. We both gave it an A+!!