Pesto Cheesy Chicken
What you need to have:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/4 inch thickness (Kyle and I used 2)
- Pesto that comes in a Jar, or you could make your own I guess
- 1 cup of Mozerella Cheese shredded, or 4 thick slices mozzarella cheese
- some bread crumbs and an egg (OPTIONAL)
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of the pesto sauce onto each flattened chicken breast. Place one slice of cheese over the pesto, or some of the shredded cheese (that's what I did). Roll up tightly, and secure with toothpicks. OPTIONAL STEP: put some lightly beated egg on top with some Italian or Regular Bread Crumbs sprinkled on top. I did this step.
- Place in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until chicken is nicely browned and juices run clear.
Stars: Kyle and I both give: 3.5 stars.
It was good, and moist. It was very flavorful for just a piece of chicken on your plate. But, not an every week sort of meal. Maybe a pesto LOVER would enjoy it more regularly.