Slow Cooker Mango Chicken Tinga
This dish was on my "to make" rotation for a while. I was unsure how it would turn out, but it was a CrockPot meal and I wanted to try it. It actually was pretty tasty!
I found the recipe on the Better Homes and Gardens website.
What you need:
- 1 sweet onion, cut into small wedges
- 1 mango, seeded, peeled, and diced
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 - 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 - 14.5 oz can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup mango nectar (I used Kearns)
- Hot Cooked Rice (1/2 cup per person)
- Fresh pineapple wedges
- Lime Wedges
- Sliced green onions
What you do:
- In a slow cooker (I used a 4-quart) place onion and mango. Top with chicken, garlic, salt, cumin, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Pour tomatoes, chicken broth, and mango nectar over all. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Shred/dice chicken and return to mixture. Let cook 10 minutes.
- To serve, add a big scoop of rice to each bowl and spoon mixture on top. Serve with desired toppings. Enjoy!